The KSR Magnetic Float Switch is an industrial level switch used to control levels of a liquid. Materials are generally 316 stainless steel and offshore grade design with EExd and simple apparatus versions available. The KSR Float switch is based on the ﬂoat principle with individual contacts for every level to be monitored. A ﬂoat with a built-in magnetic system actuates a small reed contact through the wall of the guide tube. The switching operation is magnetic and non contact. Therefore the KSR Kuebler float switch are resistant to wear and tear, and does not require any power supply. The KSR Magnetic Float Switch is available with multiple switch points.
Float switches can be specified with SPST, or SPDT changeover contacts. With SPST contacts, Open on rising or close on rising information should be provided with order. Per float, 2 switch points may be achieved. Level switching behaviour is bistable – the switching state will remain the same even when the liquid moves further up or down. Contacts are volt-free.
KSR Kuebler Float switch benefits…
- Simple operating principle, suitable for a variety of applications
- Suitable for virtually all liquids
- Measurement of liquid levels independent of foaming, conductivity, dielectric constant
- ATEX versions available for hazardous areas
- Multiple switch points in one unit (up to 8)
- High repeatability of set points
- Long service life
- High Temperature (<300C) applications
- High Pressure Applications (vaccumm to 100bar)
- Suitable for rough environments
- Low density application possibilities (>400kg/m3)
- Simple installation and commissioning, maintenance-free
Fluidic have a long established partner agreement with KSR Kuebler. Our instrumentation engineers are product trained and able to help with instrument selection within the full KSR Kuebler level instrumentation portfolio. This includes accompanying float switches, float transmitters and bypass level gauges. Please contact either office for more information (Glasgow 0141 641 5920 or Warrington 01925 572401).