The Kurz 454FTB-WGF Wet Gas Flowmeter is a single point insertion thermal mass flowmeter designed for wet gas flow measurement. Kurz 454FTB-WGF thermal mass flowmeter is the only thermal mass flowmeter designed to accurately and reliably measure wet gas flow.
In condensing gas environments such as landfill or digester gas measurement, moisture can cause problems with thermal mass flowmeters. Water droplets forming on the sensors heated element result in an increase in energy to the element. This causes the meter to report much higher flowrates than are actually occurring. Large water droplets can cause significant flow spikes for up to 30 minutes.
Kurz have adapted their successful 454FTB design by heating the heated sensor to 300°C above the ambient temperature sensor. As the water droplets impact the heated sensor they immediately vaporize and create a layer, caused by the Leidenfrost effect, which diverts the remaining water around the sensor leaving it unaffected by the moisture in the gas.
Kurz 454FTB-WGF Wet Gas Flowmeter benefits…
- Accurate and reliable measurement in wet gasses
- Rugged, industrial design with Hastelloy C-276 and 316LSS wetted parts
- Meter memory, 200 recent events, top 20 min/max
- USB or RS‐485 Modbus configuration access
- Flow valve PID controller and configurable control application
- Process pressure rating up to 150PSIG (self compensating)
- Velocity measurement range <2000SFPM
- NAMUR NE43 compliance with upto 2x analogue outputs
- SMART Digital output communications
- Multi-Point calibration correction factors for Flow and Temperature
- Sensor support length up to 1.5m as standard
Fluidic are a recognised partner of KURZ for the United Kingdom. Our instrumentation engineers are product trained and are able to help with instrument selection within the full KURZ instrumentation supply scope. We commonly supply into the UK Nuclear industry and are signatories to the NDA supply chain charter. Please call either office for more information (Glasgow 0141 641 5920, Warrington 01925 572401).