The Micronics PF440IP Portable Ultrasonic Flowmeter, with IP67 case and IP68 transducers, is suitable for use in the most demanding industrial applications. IP68 transducers can be used to measure flow in fully submerged lines. Battery life of >150hrs continuous use. the PF440IP can be set up to take readings at 1hr intervals, allowing continuous operation for up to 4 months with one charge.
PF440IP can display instantaneous fluid flow rates or velocity, together with totalised values. It also incorporates a data logger that can record up to 198,000 datapoints which can be output directly to a PC or printer or stored in the instrument’s memory for downloading at a later time.
A variable current or pulse output, proportional to the detected flow rate, is also produced by the PF440IP to enable it to interface with a range of external control devices such as those found in building management or site monitoring systems.
The PF440IP is very much designed with ‘ease of use’ in mind. An interactive QuickStart menu, which simplifies system installation at any suitable location, together with minimal set-up requirements, means that the system can be installed and brought into service very quickly. Furthermore, the application parameters for a particular site can be saved to non-volatile memory and instantly recalled if a site is revisited for monitoring at a later time – further reducing the set-up time.
The flow sensors, or transducers, connected to the PF440IP instrument are attached to the outside of the pipe being monitored and provide totally non-invasive flow measurement without disturbing the existing plant equipment or process operation.
Micronics PF440IP Portable Ultrasonic Flowmeter specifications…
- Flow velocity range 0.1…..10m/s.
- IP67 case and IP68 rated transducers.
- Repeatability ±0.5% of measured value or ±0.02m/s whichever is the greater.
- Response time < 500ms depending on pipe diameter.
- Operating time >150hours continuous with backlight and 4-20mA output OFF.
- Outputs…Isolated 0/4 –20mA; USB; 5v pulse @ 1 pulse/sec max.
- RS232/USB outputs for downloading data logger contents to PC. Live data logging also available.
- Data logging with up to 198,000 stored data points.
- IP68 transducers for pipe ranges 50mm – 2000mm outside diameter.
- Simple ‘Quick Start’ set up procedure.
- Continuous flow monitoring, with ‘Totalised’ option.
Micronics PF440IP Ultrasonic Flowmeter…
Fluidic are a recognised partner of Micronics Instrumentation for Scotland and the North of England. Our instrumentation engineers are product trained and are able to help with instrument selection within the full Micronics supply of ultrasonic clamp-on flowmeters. Please call either office for more information (Glasgow 0141 641 5920, Warrington 01925 572401).