The Micronics U4000 Permanent/Fixed Clamp-on Flowmeter used for the non-invasive measurement of liquid flow. Compact, rugged and reliable, the U4000 has been designed to provide sustained performance in industrial environments.
The U4000 is a transit time ultrasonic flow meter designed to work with clamp-on transducers, to provide accurate measurement of liquid flowing within a closed pipe, without the need for any mechanical parts to be inserted through the pipe wall or to protrude into the flow system. It takes just a few minutes to install and there is no need to shut down flow or drain the system.
The built in data logger in the U4000 allows site details and flow data to be recorded with a memory, that is able to log 198,000 separate readings. Data can be stored in 5 second to 1 hour intervals. The data for each site is stored in the memory until it has been cleared. The stored data can be displayed on the instrument in text or graph format. The instrument is also capable of downloading the stored data via
the USB or RS232 output port.
The U4000 is able to work with different transducer sets depending on the unit purchased and the application. Sensors are mounted in a
guide rail provided with each instrument, to ensure correct mounting and reliable operation on any size pipe.
Micronics U4000 Permanent/Fixed Clamp-on Flowmeter specifications…
- Enclosure IP65
- ‘A’ Transducers: – 13mm OD to 115mm OD pipes. ‘B’ Transducers: – 50mm OD to 2000mm OD pipes.
- Transducer Operting temperature ‘A’&‘B’ -20°C to +135°C.
- Outputs: Opto Isolated 0/4 –20mA, Pulse Output and Two programmable Alarms-High/Low flow, Volume or error.
- Accuracy +/- 0.5% to +/- 3% depending on pipe size for flow rate > 0.2m/s.
- Flow Range – 0.1m/sec to 20m/sec bi-directional.
- Power – 86V to 264V AC. Optional 24V a.c./d.c. 1A max.
- Built in data logger with 198,000 data points which can be configured to log flow rate and/or total flow.
- CE approved.
- Display – 64 x 240 pixels graphic display.
Overview Video: Micronics U4000 Ultraflo Ultrasonic Flowmeter
Fluidic are a recognised partner of Micronics Instrumentation for Scotland and the North of England. Our instrumentation engineers are product trained and are able to help with instrument selection within the full Micronics supply of ultrasonic clamp-on flowmeters. Please call either office for more information (Glasgow 0141 641 5920, Warrington 01925 572401).