Through our partnership with H & B Sensors, Fluidic offer a range of RTD temperature sensors. RTD (Resistance Temperature Detectors) are accurate, stable temperature measurement devices that provide a resistance output that changes with temperature. A variety of materials and versions are available. By far the most common RTD Fluidic supply is the platinum resistor type, Pt100. A Pt100 is also defined by its resistance at 0C, i.e. 100hms. The resistance value at each temperature point is compliant with a regulated standard. The European standard for Pt100 is IEC 60751.
RTD sensors, including Pt100s come in a variety of options. Typical choices include:
- Accuracy class, (A, B, 1/10 DIN or 1/3 DIN)
- Resistor material (although platinum, specifically Pt100, is most common for its stability)
- Probe lengths, materials and diameters
- Spring return designs to ensure metal to metal contact with the thermowell tip and therefore efficient temperature transfer
- ATEX or Hazardous Area requirements (the RTD itself is commonly used as simple apparatus, but we can supply in an Exd enclosure or fitted to an Exia transmitter).
- Number of wires (as below)
As the output of a RTD is resistance dependant, consideration should be given to the lead wires within the probe from the sensor itself. For this reason, Fluidic more commonly supply 3 or 4 wire RTD sensors. The 3rd and 4th wires are used for resistance compensation. Where the signal is to travel any distance, Fluidic recommend the use of a 4/20mA transmitter. We supply various transmitter options and can supply the transmitter and RTD temperature sensor pre-assembled.
Fluidic are the Scottish and Northern England partner for H&B Sensors. We also have an exclusive agreement for supply to the UK nuclear industry Our instrumentation engineers are product trained and are able to help with instrument selection within the full H&B Sensors supply scope. Most products can be custom made for application. Please call either office for more information (Glasgow 0141 641 5920, Warrington 01925 572401).