The Vaisala MMT162 transmitter for Moisture in Oil measurement is a compact, economical solution for reliable on-line detection of moisture in oil. Typically focused towards OEM applications, the MMT162 is typically installed in ancillary conditioning monitoring equipment to continuously monitor the condition of transformer oils. The Vaisala MMT162 measures moisture in oil in terms of the water activity (aw) and temperature (T). Water activity (aw) considers degradation of oil condition and therefore acts as an indication of the risk of water formation. Water Activity is independent of oil type, age and temperature.
Vaisala MMT162 Instrument Specifications
- Compact, accurate and economical
- Vaisala HUMICAP® offers a stable and accurate measurement
- Water Activity output (aw) measures the relative saturation point and compensates for oil degradation
- ppm measurement output also available
- IP65 design with 316 Stainless Steel housing option
- 2x analogue outputs (3wire) and RS485 comms as standard (4pin circular connector)
- Excellent pressure and temperature tolerance
- Onsite calibration can be carried out with the Vaisala MI70 indicator
Fluidic are a recognised partner of Vaisala CEN (Industrial division) for Scotland and the North of England. Our instrumentation engineers are product trained and able to help with instrument selection within the full range of Vaisala moisture in oil transmitters. Please call either office for more information (Glasgow 0141 641 5920, Warrington 01925 572401).