Vaisala SPH10 and SPH20 (heated) significantly reduce wind induced errors in a barometric pressure monitoring application. Wind effects are one of the main sources of error when measuring barometric pressure. The Vaisala Static Pressure Heads prevent direct wind interference on the barometer by filtering any wind gusts. Where the environment is prone to freezing conditions, the Vaisala SPH20 offers a heated static pressure head option to prevent icing of the sensor head.
Vaisala SPH10 and SPH20 Static Pressure Head benefits…
- Minimizes wind induced error
- Reliable barometric pressure measurement in all weather
- Wind tunnel tested structure
- Easy-to-clean PC plastic and offshore aluminum materials
- SPH20 is heated version for icing conditions down to -60C
- SPH20 requires a 12…24V supply (max. 70W consumption)
- Can be connected to all Vaisala barometers
- No moving parts
The Vaisala SPH10 and SPH20 static pressure head is designed to work with all Vaisala barometric pressure transmitters. In particular, the Vaisala PTB210 can be directly attached and typically used in offshore applications.
Fluidic are a recognised partner of Vaisala CEN (Industrial division) for Scotland and the North of England. Our instrumentation engineers are product trained and able to help with instrument selection within the full range of Vaisala Barometric Pressure instrumentation. Please call either office for more information (Glasgow 0141 641 5920, Warrington 01925 572401).