VEGASWING Vibrating Fork Liquid Level Switch is a “tuning fork” design liquid level switch suitable for use in safety critical process. Under normal (uncovered) operation, the VEGASWING will vibrate on a resonance frequency. Upon liquid level submersion, this frequency reduces, activating a switch contact. Due to its design, the VEGASWING vibrating liquid level switch is virtually unaﬀected by product properties and suitable for a variety of liquid media applications.
The VEGSWING liquid level switch is available in several different designs, as follows…
- VEGASWING 51: Compact switch design with 40mm tuning fork and a small, compact stainless steel housing. Liquid level switch contact is available as transistor output or contactless electronic switch.
- VEGASWING 61: A more industrial design, the VEGASWING 61 is the standard liquid level model, available with several different enclosure and wetted part materials. Relay contacts and ATEX options are available on the VEGASWING61 design.
- VEGASWING 63: Generally as VEGASWING61, however with tube extension on the tuning fork side.
- VEGASWING 66: Generally as VEGASWING61 but for extremities of process conditions (-196°C…..+450°C up to 160bar)
VEGASWING 61; VEGASWING 63 and VEGASWING 66 are all available with SIL2 certification for safety critical high or low level conditions. Typical applications include overfill protection, dry run protection and pump protection.
VEGASWING Liquid Level Switch features and benefits…
- Gas and dust protection according to ATEX, FM, CSA, IEC
- Simple set-up and low maintenance costs
- Various switch contact output options
- Product-independent switching point
- Completely gas-tight
- High reliability, including SIL2 for safety critical applications
- Universal level detection for all liquids
- Suitable for process temperatures up to 450°C
- Suitable for process pressure up to 160bar
Fluidic hold a distributor agreement with VEGA Level Instrumentation. Our instrumentation engineers are product trained and able to help with instrument selection within the full VEGA instrumentation portfolio including their range of level transmitters and level switch devices. Please contact either office for more information (Glasgow 0141 641 5920 or Warrington 01925 572401).