VEGAVIB Vibrating Level Switch is a vibrating rod for level switching in bulk solids. When immersed in the bulk solid, the vibration is dampened. This dampened signal is converted by the electronics to a switching command, often used for over-fill protection.
The rod design makes the VEGAVIB very easy to clean as there are no edges for build up to amass. This makes the VEGAVIB suitable for use in the food processing and pharmaceutical industries.
Highly reliable and suitable for use in safety-critical applications up to SIL2.Typical applications are bulk solids such as
plastic granules, pellets and non-adhesive powder products.
The VEGAVIB vibrating level switch is available in several different designs, as follows…
- VEGAVIB 61: Industrial design, available in several different housing materials with various threaded and flanged connection options. Relay contacts and ATEX options available.
- VEGAVIB 62: Generally as the VEGAVIB61, but with suspension cable mounting, allowing bulk sold measurement up to 80m.
- VEGAVIB 63: Generally as VEGAVIB61, but with tube extension up to 6m.
VEGAVIB Vibrating Level Switch features and benefits…
- Gas and dust protection according to ATEX, FM, CSA, IEC
- Simple set-up and low maintenance costs
- Various switch contact output options
- Product-independent switching point
- Completely gas-tight
- High reliability, including SIL2 for safety critical applications
- Universal level detection for all liquids
- Suitable for process temperatures up to 250°C
- Suitable for process pressure up to 16bar
Fluidic hold a distributor agreement with VEGA Level Instrumentation. Our instrumentation engineers are product trained and able to help with instrument selection within the full VEGA instrumentation portfolio including their range of level transmitters and level switch devices. Please contact either office for more information (Glasgow 0141 641 5920 or Warrington 01925 572401).