The Micronics PF330 Portable Ultrasonic Flowmeter can display instantaneous fluid flow rates or velocity, together with totalised values. It also incorporates a data logger that can record up to 200,000 datapoints which can be output directly to a PC or printer or stored in the instrument’s memory for downloading at a later time.
A variable current or pulse output, proportional to the detected flow rate, is also produced by the PF330 to enable it to interface with a range of external control devices such as those found in building management or site monitoring systems.
The PF330 is very much designed with ‘ease of use’ in mind. An interactive QuickStart menu, which simplifies system installation at any suitable location, together with minimal set-up requirements, means that the system can be installed and brought into service very quickly. Furthermore, the application parameters for a particular site can be saved to non-volatile memory and instantly recalled if a site is revisited for monitoring at a later time – further reducing the set-up time.
The flow sensors, or transducers, connected to the PF330 instrument are attached to the outside of the pipe being monitored and provide totally non-invasive flow measurement without disturbing the existing plant equipment or process operation.
Micronics PF330 Portable Ultrasonic Flowmeter specifications…
- Flow velocity range 0.1…..20m/s.
- Repeatability ±0.5% of measured value or ±0.02m/s whichever is the greater.
- Response time < 500ms depending on pipe diameter.
- Operating time Typically 20 hours continuous with backlight and 4-20mA output OFF.
- Pulse output, 4-20mA, 0-20mA or 0-16mA output with simple range calibration.
- RS232/USB outputs for downloading data logger contents to PC. Live data logging also available.
- Data logging with up to 200,000 stored data points.
- Two types of transducer sets supplied for use with pipes ranging 13mm – 2000mm outside diameter.
- Simple ‘Quick Start’ set up procedure.
- Continuous flow monitoring, with ‘Totalised’ option.
Video Overview: Micronics PF330 Portable Ultrasonic Flowmeter
Fluidic are a recognised partner of Micronics Instrumentation for Scotland and the North of England. Our instrumentation engineers are product trained and are able to help with instrument selection within the full Micronics supply of ultrasonic clamp-on flowmeters. Please call either office for more information (Glasgow 0141 641 5920, Warrington 01925 572401).