Micronics UF AV5500 utilises a submerged ultrasonic sensor that is installed at the bottom of an open pipe or channel. Exposed materials are stainless steel so the sensor resists fouling and corrosion. Micronics UF AV5500 has no moving parts and no orifices, ports or electrodes. A local display provides flowrate and total along with 3x 4-20mA outputs for flow, level and velocity. Two onboard control relays can be used for level alarms or low proportionate pulse output for samplers and chlorinators. Micronics UF AV5500 can be calibrated with the built-in keypad and menu system. A built-in 26 million point data logger with USB output is standard. Intrinsic Safety Barriers for sensor and cable installation in hazardous rated channels is also optional (For Sensor mounting in Class I,II,III, Div. I,II, Groups C,D,E,F,G hazardous locations – unfortunately not European ATEX applications).
Micronics UF AV5500 Specifications
- Channel Types: Round pipe, rectangular, trapezoid, egg or custom shapes
- Electronics Enclosure: Watertight and dust tight NEMA4X (IP 66) polycarbonate with clear, shatterproof cover
- Accuracy (Level): ±0.25% of reading or ±0.08″, whichever is greater. Repeatability & Linearity 0.1%
- Accuracy (Velocity): ±2% of reading or ±0.012 m/sec (±0.04 ft./sec), whichever is greater.
Requires solids or bubbles minimum size of 100 microns, minimum concentration 75ppm. Repeatability & Linearity 0.5%
- Display: White, backlit matrix – displays flow rate, totaliser, relay states, operating mode and calibration menu
- Programming: Built-in 5-key calibrator with English, French or Spanish language selection
- Power Input: 100-240VAC 50-60Hz, 10VA maximum. Optional: 9-32VDC, 10 WATTS maximum
- Outputs: 3 Isolated 4-20mA, 1000 ohm, (Flow, Level and Velocity) or 0-5VDC by menu selection
- Control Relays: 2 Relays, form ‘C’ dry contacts rated 5 amp SPDT; programmable for flow proportional pulse (sampler/totaliser), flow and/or level alarm
- Data Logging: Programmable 26 million point data capacity, time and date stamped plus formatted flow reports including Total, Average, Minimum, Maximum and times of occurrence. Includes USB output to Flash Drives and Windows software
- Operating Temperature (electronics): -20° to 60°C (-5° to 140°F)
- Approximate Shipping Weight: 4.5 Kg (10 Lbs.)
- Approvals: CE, CSA/UL/EN 61010-1
Fluidic are a recognised partner of Micronics Instrumentation for Scotland and the North of England. Our instrumentation engineers are product trained and are able to help with instrument selection within the full Micronics supply of ultrasonic clamp-on flowmeters. Please call either office for more information (Glasgow 0141 641 5920, Warrington 01925 572401).