VEGAWAVE Vibrating Tuning Fork for Bulk Solids. When immersed in the bulk solid, the vibration is dampened. This dampened signal is converted by the electronics to a switching command, often used for over-fill protection.
The design of the VEGAWAVE makes it insensitive to build up. Therefore it is the ideal sensor for powders and fine-grained products.
The VEGAWAVE is very easy to set up and set-point can be adjusted without the medium.
Highly reliable and suitable for use in safety-critical applications up to SIL2.Typical applications are products such as flour, cement and sand as well as fine-grained bulk solids such as plastic granules, grit and styrofoam.
The VEGAWAVE vibrating level switch is available in several different designs, as follows…
- VEGAWAVE 61: Industrial design, available in several different housing materials with various threaded and flanged connection options. Relay contacts and ATEX options available.
- VEGAWAVE 62: Generally as the VEGAWAVE61, but with suspension cable mounting, allowing bulk sold measurement up to 80m.
- VEGAWAVE 63: Generally as VEGAWAVE61, but with tube extension up to 6m.
VEGAWAVE Vibrating Level Switch features and benefits…
- Gas and dust protection according to ATEX, FM, CSA, IEC
- Simple set-up and low maintenance costs
- Various switch contact output options
- Product-independent switching point
- Completely gas-tight
- High reliability, including SIL2 for safety critical applications
- Universal level detection for all liquids
- Suitable for process temperatures up to 250°C
- Suitable for process pressure up to 25bar
Fluidic hold a distributor agreement with VEGA Level Instrumentation. Our instrumentation engineers are product trained and able to help with instrument selection within the full VEGA instrumentation portfolio including their range of level transmitters and level switch devices. Please contact either office for more information (Glasgow 0141 641 5920 or Warrington 01925 572401).