Honeywell Experion LX is a distributed control system (DCS) aimed towards automation management of small to mid sized plant. This would typically include industries such as power generation, metal manufacture, water, sewage and waste and food & beverage manufacture. Honeywell Experion LX is a purpose-built DCS offering advanced optimization and batch technology usually found in larger DCS systems—but at a lower price. Honeywell Experion LX was developed on the back of Honeywell’s flagship Experion PKS DCS system, which is has already established itself as one of the top DCS systems in the world. It manages all continuous process control applications and optimizes batch and sequence-oriented applications.
Honeywell Experion LX DCS is scalable from a single HMI/controller combination to multiple stations and controllers. Experion LX DCS incorporates the latest, powerful Honeywell C300 controller technology and an innovative Series 8 I/O platform. Simple configuration and advanced engineering tools enable faster project implementation or system changes. The result of Honeywell LX DCS implementation are increased production, more flexible product mix changes and faster introduction of new products and formulations.
Honeywell Experion LX Distributed Control System
- Powerful Honeywell Experion C300 controller for robust control
- Honeywell Series 8 I/O module design for compact footprint, efficient installation, wiring and easy maintenance.
- Slanted vertical module installation for improved heat dispersion and easier wiring.
- Optional redundancy at all levels: server, network, C300 controller, Series 8 I/O modules.
- Smart device integration through industry standard protocols, such as HART, Foundation Fieldbus, Profibus™, and Modbus and asset management using Honeywell’s integrated Field Device Manger (FDM) software.
- Controller-based S88 compliant modular batch control for high throughput and reliability of batch processing.
- Revolutionary Profit Loop algorithm for model based predictive control.
- Extensive integration of PLC, DCS, RTUs, Drives, Safety Systems and other devices like weigh scales through the rich SCADA capability of Experion LX and Matrikon OPC servers.
- High-performance Honeywell Fault Tolerant Ethernet control network.
- Distributed Server Architecture (DSA) for integration of processes across multiple units, control rooms or geographically distributed locations for optimum flexibility and system maintenance.
Honeywell Experion LX is supplied in the UK via Fluidic. This “Channel Partner” strategy is employed globally by Honeywell to ensure local support is available with quick response as mentioned in the following video….
Fluidic hold an exclusive channel partner agreement with Honeywell Field Products division. Our instrumentation engineers are product trained and able to help with instrument selection within the full Honeywell Field Product instrumentation portfolio, including a range of modular control systems that feed into the Honeywell Experion® family. Fluidic order directly with the Honeywell factory via an exclusive channel partner web portal and hold stock for some common lines. Please contact either office for more information (Glasgow 0141 641 5920 or Warrington 01925 572401).