The Pyropress ARGUS temperature switch is an industrial switch suited to safety critical SIL2 and ATEX applications (Exia certification). It can be found in stem or capillary options. These switches are manufactured from either PPS (engineering polymer) or high quality investment cast 316 SS, both offering a robust construction and protection to IP66/IP67 for use within heavily polluted industrial and marine environments. In addition, thermowells can be provided to suit individual applications.
Pyropress Argus Temperature Switches are available in 2 variations
- TS520 Rigid Stem Temperature Switch (TS510 with thermowell)
- TS570 Capillary* Temperature Switch (TS570 with thermowell)**
* 316 SS armoured capillary from 2 to 10 metres
** The T570 supplied with a sliding gland, thermowells can be provided to suit individual applications
Pyropress Argus Temperature Switch Specifications….
- Temperature adjustment switch points from -30…+240°C
- IP66/IP67 Electrical housing, tested externally in accordance with BS EN 60529: 1992
- Materials in PPS engineering polymer or 316SS
- Suitable for SIL 2 applications (IEC 61508), with a qualifying report and Certificate Of Compliance available on request.
- Tested and certified by an external test house to BS EN 60068-2-6 : 1995 (test Fc vibration) and BS EN 60068-2-27 : 1987 (test Ea shock).
- ATEX 2014/34/EU marked CE Ex II 1G Exia IIC T6…T2 Ga, T6…T5 T amb -50 to +78°C, T5…T2 T amb -50 to +93°C
- Single or dual microswitch option
- Switch rating @ 250Vac – 5A resistive, 2A inductive
- Switch rating @ 30Vdc – 5A resistive, 2A inductive
- M20 x 1.5 ISO female: 3 terminals suitable for cables up to 1.5mm2.
- M12 x 1 Circular socket: 3 contacts, A-coded plug to IEC61076-2-101.
Fluidic are a recognised partner of Pyropress for Scotland and the North of England (including supply to the UK Nuclear sector). Our instrumentation engineers are product trained and are able to help with instrument selection within the full Pyropress supply scope. Please call either office for more information (Glasgow 0141 641 5920, Warrington 01925 572401).