Vaisala WXT520 Weather Transmitter measures barometric pressure, relative humidity, rainfall (accumulation, duration & intensity), temperature, wind speed and wind direction. Utilising the established Vaisala WINDCAP® ultrasonic wind sensor, wind speed and direction is a 2D measurement across the horizontal plane. The array of three equally spaced ultrasonic wind speed and wind direction transducers is a design unique to Vaisala. Barometric pressure, temperature, and humidity measurements are combined in the PTU module using reliable and stable capacitive measurement for each parameter. This includes Vaisala HUMICAP and BAROCAP sensors. It is easy to change the module without any contact with the sensors. The WXT520 is immune to flooding, clogging, wetting, and evaporation losses in the rain measurement.
Vaisala WXT520 Weather transmitter specifications…
- Wind speed measurement: – 0 … 60 m/s (±3% @ 10m/s)
- Wind direction measurement: 0 … 360° (±3%, response time <250ms)
- Rainfall accumulation: resolution of 0.01 mm (±5% uncertainty)
- Rainfall duration: counts each ten-second increment when droplet detected
- Rainfall intensity: 0 … 200 mm/hr (one-minute running average in ten-second steps)
- Barometric Pressure Measurement: 600 … 1100 hPa (±0.5 hPa at 0 … 30 °C)
- Air temperature measurement: 52 … +60 °C (±0.3 °C @ 20°C)
- Relative Humidity Measurement: 0-100%RH (±3 %RH within 0 … 90 %RH)
- Digital output options SDI-12, RS232, RS485, RS422, USB adapter
- IP65 design, upto IP66 with mounting kit option (for pole installation)
- Optional bird spike and WSP150 surge protection (lightening protection)
- Operating temperature range -52 … +60 °C with heated sensor
Fluidic are a recognised partner of Vaisala CEN (Industrial division) for Scotland and the North of England. Our instrumentation engineers are product trained and able to help with instrument selection within the full range of Vaisala Relative Humidity, Temperature and barometric pressure products. Please call either office for more information (Glasgow 0141 641 5920, Warrington 01925 572401).