Dwyer PLS2 Paddle Level Switch is an electromechanical level switch designed for level monitoring of bulk materials such as grain or dry powder. A rotating vane runs freely in air, but activates a switch to indicate product when impeded. The motor is a brushless synchronous motor, with a steady 1rpm rotation of low power consumption (4W mains, or 2.5W dc supply version). Dwyer PLS2 comes as standard with a 1-1/4″ male NPT connection and unit can be side or top mounted.
Dwyer PLS2 Paddle Level Switch Specifications
- Product Service: Dry powder or bulk materials compatible with wetted materials.
- Wetted Materials: Paddle: 304 SS; Exposed shaft: 303 SS; Shaft seal: NBR;
- Process connection: Aluminium.
- Temperature Limits: Process: -25 to 80°C; Ambient: -20 to 60°C.
- Pressure Limits: 11.6 psi (0.8 bar).
- Power Requirements: Select by model number: 115 VAC, 230 VAC or 24 VDC.
- Power Consumption: AC versions: 4 VA; DC version: 2.5 watt.
- Enclosure: Aluminium, powder coated. NEMA 4 (IP66)
- Switch Type: SPDT micro switch of electrical rating: 5 A @ 250 VAC, 3 A @ 30 VDC.
- Electric Connections: Screw terminals.
- Conduit Connection: 3/4″ female NPT.
- Process Connection: 1-1/4″ male NPT.
- Mounting Orientation: Side or top mounting.
- Sensitivity: Minimum material density of 6 lb/ft3 (96 kg/m3).
- Permitted Mechanical Loading: Standard shaft: 67 lbf (300 N) max; Optional extension: 22 lbf (100 N) max.
- Weight:2.6 lb (1.2 kg).
- Agency Approvals: CE, FM
Dwyer PLS2 Model Code Options
- PLS2-PL1 Single sided spring paddle
- PLS2-PL2 Double sided spring paddle
- PLS2-EX1 8.5˝ shaft extension
- PLS2-EX2 19.6˝ shaft extension
- PLS2-EX3 39.4˝ shaft extension
- PLS2-EX4 78.7˝ shaft extension
Fluidic are a recognised partner of Dwyer Instruments for Scotland and the North of England. Our instrumentation engineers are product trained and are able to help with instrument selection within the full Dwyer Instrument supply scope. Please call either office for more information (Glasgow 0141 641 5920, Warrington 01925 572401).