The Pyropress Titan temperature switch is the flagship temperature switch available from our partner Pyropress and part of the Titan series (pressure switches also available HERE). These industrial switches are suited to safety critical SIL2 applications and come with options for hazardous area certification in both intrinsically safe and explosion proof ATEX designs (gas and dust applications). Materials of construction include options in 316 Stainless steel (wetted and non wetted parts) making the Pyropress Titan temperature switch a common option for offshore (North Sea) installations.
Pyropress Temperature Switches are available in 2 variations
- TF171 Rigid Stem Temperature Switch (TF172 with thermowell*)
- TF175 Capillary** Temperature Switch (TF176 with thermowell*)
* A variety of standard thermowell pocket “U” lengths are available between 38 and 1200mm.
** TF175 Capillary lengths available up to 10m as standard.
Pyropress Titan Temperature Switch Specifications….
- Temperature adjustment switch points from -40…+250°C
- IP66 Electrical housing, tested externally in accordance with BS EN 60529: 1992
- Materials in 316SS or anodised aluminium
- Suitable for SIL 2 applications (IEC 61508), with a qualifying report and Certificate Of Compliance available on request.
- Subjected to MoD Type Approval System Test Vibration DGS 350 Paras 0602 & 0603. Shock — BR3021
- EExia: 94/9/EC ATEX coded CE® II 1GD EExia lIC for CAT 1 (Zone 0) areas
- EExd : 94/9/EC ATEX coded CE® II 2GD EExd IIB + H2 for CAT 2 (Zone 1) areas
- 1 or 2 SPDT (changeover) gold plated contacts
- Switch rating @ 250Vac – 5A (resistive and inductive)
- Switch rating @ 30Vdc – 5A resistive, 3A inductive
- Electrical terminals suitable for cable 0.5 – 2.5 mm2
- Electrical Conduit Entry: M20 x 1.5 or 1/2 NPT
Fluidic are a recognised partner of Pyropress for Scotland and the North of England (including supply to the UK Nuclear sector). Our instrumentation engineers are product trained and are able to help with instrument selection within the full Pyropress supply scope. Please call either office for more information (Glasgow 0141 641 5920, Warrington 01925 572401).