The Vaisala PTB330 Barometer is a triple cell barometric pressure transmitter which complies to current standards for Offshore Helicopter Landing Areas (CAP 437). Each BAROCAP® Barometer cell is available in class A accuracy. The Vaisala PTB330 triple cell barometer approach offers not only dual redundancy in critical measurement applications (such as helideck weather monitoring) but reduced uncertainty of measurement where the transmitter output is averaged across the three readings. Onboard diagnostics within the PTB330 disregard faulty barometric pressure sensors where appropriate.
The Vaisala PTB330 triple cell barometer can be set to compensate for QNH and QFE barometric pressure used. This feature is particularly valid in aviation applications. The QNH represents the pressure reduced to sea level, based on the altitude and temperature of the observation site. The QFE represents the height corrected pressure of small differences in altitude, for example, the air pressure at the airfield elevation.
Specifications for the Vaisala PTB330 Barometer…
- Optional graphical display with movable cursor to pinpoint historical detail
- Proven Vaisala BAROCAP® Sensor technology with excellent long term stability
- Triple Barometric Pressure Cell Technology for redundancy and reduced uncertainty
- Height and altitude corrected barometric pressure (QFE, QNH)
- RS232C, RS485/422 Output as standard with optional analogue (mA or V) output
- Class A Barometer accuracy to within ±0.10 hPa (resolution within 0.01hPa)
- IP66 G AlSi10 Mg (DIN 1725) Housing design (IP65 with display)
Fluidic are a recognised partner of Vaisala CEN (Industrial division) for Scotland and the North of England. Our instrumentation engineers are product trained and able to help with instrument selection within the full range of Vaisala Barometric Pressure instrumentation and other weather monitoring instrumentation. Please call either office for more information (Glasgow 0141 641 5920, Warrington 01925 572401).